Microsoft® Windows® 7: Advanced
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will work with Microsoft® Windows® 7 to perform advanced tasks.
Target Student: This course is designed for any knowledge worker or business professional who needs operating system and file management skills.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, we recommend that you take the following Element K courses, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Introduction to Personal Computers
- Microsoft® Windows® 7: Basic
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- customize the Windows 7 environment.
- configure user accounts.
- work with applications in Windows 7.
- work with devices.
- manage networks.
- secure your system data.
- enhance system performance.
- work with Internet Explorer 8.
Lesson 1: Customizing the Windows 7 Environment
- Topic 1A: Apply Aero Features
- Topic 1B: Modify Display Settings
Lesson 2: Configuring User Accounts
- Topic 2A: Create a User Account
- Topic 2B: Manage User Accounts
Lesson 3: Working with Applications in Windows 7
- Topic 3A: Schedule Tasks
- Topic 3B: Work with Media Files
- Topic 3C: Explore Games
- Topic 3D: Manage Programs
Lesson 4: Working with Devices
- Topic 4A: Modify Device Settings
- Topic 4B: Configure Removable Devices
Lesson 5: Managing Networks
- Topic 5A: An Overview of Networks
- Topic 5B: Share Files and Folders
- Topic 5C: Manage Offline Files
Lesson 6: Securing System Data
- Topic 6A: Back Up Data
- Topic 6B: Restore Data
- Topic 6C: Apply Security Settings
Lesson 7: Enhancing System Performance
- Topic 7A: Improve Processing Speed
- Topic 7B: Optimize Power Consumption
- Topic 7C: Configure Windows Update Settings
- Topic 7D: Troubleshoot Problems
Lesson 8: Working with Internet Explorer 8
- Topic 8A: Manage Favorites
- Topic 8B: Manage History Files
- Topic 8C: Configure Pop-Up Settings
- Topic 8D: Configure Internet Security and Privacy Settings